Dear President Biden,
Your efforts to safeguard and protect access to reproductive health care services have not gone unnoticed. Your Executive Orders are much needed and will make a difference for people in need of care and treatment. The establishment of the Reproductive Rights Tasks Force is encouraging and inspiring; however, we urge you to go further in your advocacy efforts. As one of over a million members of MomsRising, and people who love someone who may one day need an abortion, we ask that you continue to stand in alliance with us and advance your orders to include our priorities that say:
- Utilize available public health and disaster authorities, including but not limited to declaring a national emergency and a public health emergency.
- Defend and expand abortion coverage and affordability.
- Appoint judges who will defend abortion, democracy, and LGBTQIA+ human rights.
- Ensure immigrants can access abortion care without fear of deportation, detention, or criminalization.
- Stop the criminalization of pregnancy outcomes, miscarriage, and self-managed abortion.
As abortion clinics are closing every day, people are forced to travel miles for reproductive health care services. Mothers and families are in dire need of physical protection and public safety as they travel in and out states where it isn’t safe, especially for Black, Brown, Native, and Migrant people. The Administration’s public support of these five priorities will demonstrate not only powerful leadership but has every potential to save lives that are at risk as long as these state bans are enacted. We need your commitment. Stand with us!