Dear U.S. Senator,
President Trump’s selection of Judge Brett Kavanaugh for the Supreme Court has extreme and dangerous implications for our families and communities.
- Kavanaugh is a threat to our families’ health care. He has expressed contempt for the Affordable Care Act (ACA) in two cases that have come before him and has criticized the law in speeches.
- Kavanaugh is a threat to reproductive health care. He ruled that an employer’s religious beliefs should override an employee’s right to birth control coverage and has repeatedly expressed extreme hostility toward women’s bodily autonomy including the right to reproductive choice.
- Kavanaugh is a threat to workers rights. He has sided with big employers against working people’s rights against discrimination and exploitation.
- Kavanaugh is a threat to gun safety legislation. He has made it clear that he would strike down restrictions on assault-style weapons and put in jeopardy a full range of gun safety laws.
- Kavanaugh is a threat to immigrant families. He has demonstrated hostility to the rights of immigrants in numerous cases.
- Kavanaugh is a threat to LGBTQ+ equality. He has demonstrated a willingness to provide license to discriminate to religious adherents that will undercut protections for people in the LGBTQ+ community.
We need you to stand up for our right to access quality health care—including reproductive health care, immigrant rights, workers rights, civil rights, and for our families to be safe from gun violence. Please vote NO on the nomination of Judge Kavanaugh to the Supreme Court.