Dear President Trump, Congress, and Governors,
The COVID-19 pandemic shows how critical it is for everyone to have access to quality, affordable health coverage and care. Now is NOT the time to play politics with our health. This is why it is critical for you to defend the Affordable Care Act (ACA) against a lawsuit by Republican State Attorneys General to invalidate it, expand health coverage in every way possible NOW to ensure everyone can get care when they need it, and take the following measures to protect families:
- Open a special enrollment period for Healthcare.gov and all state Marketplaces so that those who are uninsured can enroll in coverage immediately.
- Defend the Affordable Care Act against the Texas v. U.S. lawsuit which would invalidate the Affordable Care Act and rip coverage away from millions just as they need it most.
- Move forward legislation to provide healthcare for all.
- Increase premium tax credits and promote marketplace enrollment to inform people about their health care coverage options.
- Urge all states to expand Medicaid to low-income uninsured adults and enable Medicaid to cover costs of COVID-19 treatment for uninsured people.
- Prohibit work requirements and cost-sharing for Medicaid eligibility.
- Ban the practice of surprise medical bills to protect families from financial ruin.
- Prohibit pandemic profiteering on treatments, medical supplies, and a future vaccine by implementing anti-price-gouging measures.
- Ensure immigrants can access no-cost testing and treatment for COVID-19.