Dear Governor Inslee and Secretary Hunter,
As a Washington resident and a member of MomsRising.org, I am thankful for your ongoing leadership to expand access to affordable, high-quality early education and care. I stand behind your vision that 90% of Washington children should be ready for kindergarten beginning in 2020. Early learning is a critical investment in our families and our communities and I hope that you will continue to do everything in your power to grow early learning opportunities for families in Washington by taking these steps in your plan for the future:
- Expanding access to affordable, high-quality early learning for all children in Washington built off of our effective Early Childhood Education and Assistance Program (ECEAP) and Early Achievers, our state’s Quality Rating and Improvement System that supports quality in early care and education settings;
- Universal access so ALL families regardless of background can benefit;
- Specific investment in early learning opportunities for babies and toddlers including high-quality childcare, home visiting, and other supports;
- Support services for children and families who need them including health consultation, trauma informed care, referrals, and screenings;
- Provide for well-trained and fairly compensated workforce that reflect the diversity of our children.
Thank you for all you do for Washington families,