Dear Biden Administration and members of Congress,
Our nation is facing record rates of unemployment, especially among moms and women of color, a deadly virus, school and childcare closures, racial injustice, and attacks on our very democracy. The million member-strong MomsRising movement knows our country is in crisis and we need comprehensive solutions to tackle the needs of our nation. So, to get to solutions, we built a MomsRising Mandate for America. This policy plan will not only help rebuild America and advance recovery, but also to help transform our nation into a place where every family can thrive, as our businesses and economy thrive too.
A new Administration and a new Congress gives us all opportunity to create much-needed, new, and long-lasting transformative change. We urge you to prioritize our families, communities, and economy by vowing to:
- Advance emergency COVID-19 relief;
- Secure healthcare for everyone;
- Lift the economy, safety net, taxes, and jobs;
- Push forward criminal justice and policing reform;
- Strengthen workplace justice, including paid family and medical leave, as well as paid sick days;
- Pass affordable, accessible, quality childcare opportunities for all;
- Advance maternal health and reproductive health;
- Move forward fair treatment of all immigrant families;
- Strengthen gun safety;
- Expand voting rights along with democracy protection.