Dear U.S. Senator,
President Biden’s historic and important selection of Judge Ketanji Brown Jackson for the Supreme Court positions our country to become stronger, more fair and just for our families and communities.
- Judge Jackson is one of our nation’s brightest legal minds. As a District Court Judge, she wrote almost 600 opinions, with less than a two percent case reversal rate. She would also be only the second justice on the bench with trial court experience.
- Judge Jackson’s record demonstrates that she is a fair, impartial jurist with a clear commitment to equal justice. She has shown consistency throughout her career, respecting and protecting the rights of all people, including in cases involving persons with disabilities, workers, and immigrants.
- Judge Jackson has broad experience across the legal profession – as a federal appellate judge, a federal district court judge, a member of the U.S. Sentencing Commission, an attorney in private practice, and as a federal public defender.
- Judge Jackson has been confirmed by the Senate on a bipartisan basis three times – most recently last year for her current seat. Officials – like former Speaker Paul Ryan and Miami Mayor Francis Suarez – are supporting her nomination.
- Judge Jackson is the first Black woman to ever be nominated to the United States Supreme Court. Her historic nomination will bring us one step closer to a Court that reflects the diversity of the country and will protect the rights of all of us, not just the wealthy and powerful.
Please vote YES to confirm Judge Jackson to the Supreme Court, without delay.